|소속||Louisiana State University|
|일시||2018. 9. 19. (수), 16:30~17:45|
1. Title : LED-Based Optical Systems for Portable and Wearable Sensing Applications
2. Speaker : Professor Jin-Woo Choi, Louisiana State University (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
3. Date & Time : 16:30~17:45, September 19th(Wed.)
4. Venue : Rm#207, YBS Bldg(E16-1)___a.k.a Auditorium
5. Abstract: Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are of interest in a variety of wearable and portable sensing applications due to wide availability and ease of integration with control and signal processing electronics. LED-based optical sensing systems including a portable fluorescent sensing platform and a wearable biometric sensing device. Specifically, the portable fluorescent sensing platform is to selectively measure concentrations of two different species (microalgae and cyanobacteria) from environmental samples. The system consists of multiple LEDs having unique wavelengths and a silicon photomultiplier to detect unique fluorescent responses from target species and further process the data for selective quantification using a pattern recognition algorithm. Relevant design issues and results will be discussed in the presentation. The wearable biometric sensing device is based on reflectance-type plethysmography for continuous and real time monitoring of heartbeat, saturated oxygen concentration, etc. Particularly, the speaker will address motion artifact, one of common issues in wearable sensing devices, and potential solutions to overcome motion artifacts to obtain reliable sensing signals. Recent developments will be highlighted along with the design, fabrication, and results of the wearable device. Finally, the speaker will conclude the presentation with other on-going research activities at Louisiana State University.