- 연구실: 516호, E16-1
- 연구실명 : 뇌기계지능 연구실(Laboratory for Brain and Machine Intelligence (BML))
- 2009 KAIST 전기및전자공학과 박사
계산신경과학, 뇌 기반 인공지능
- 2020 ~ 현재
한국과학기술원(KAIST) 바이오및뇌공학과 부교수
- 2019 ~ 현재
한국과학기술원(KAIST) 신경과학-인공지능 융합연구센터장
- 2017 ~ 현재
한국과학기술원(KAIST) 인공지능연구소 겸임교수
- 2016 ~ 현재
한국과학기술원(KAIST) 헬스사이언스 연구소 겸임교수
- 2011 ~ 2015
미국 Caltech, Della Martin Postdoctoral Scholar
- 2010 ~ 2011
미국 MIT, Postdoctoral Associate
- 한국 지능시스템 학회 협력분과 위원장 (2019~현재)
- 한국 지능시스템 이사 (2016~현재
- 한국뇌공학회 기획이사 (2019~현재)
- 계산뇌과학회 총무이사 (2016~현재)
- 대한뇌기능매핑학회 총무간사 (2016~2018)
- 정보통신기술진흥센터 인공지능 국가전략프로젝트 사업단 “혁신성장동력”인공지능 분야 신규과제 기획위원 (2019)
- 한국정보과학회 인공지능 소사이어티 "뇌-컴퓨터 인터페이스 연구회" 감사 (2017-현재)
국내외 학술대회 활동 (조직위원, 기조강연, 등)
- Organizing committee, AI World Cup 2019
- Organizing committee, AI World Cup 2018
- Finance Chair, The International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications (RiTA), Dec, 2019.
- Special session chair & Organizing committee, IEEE/IEIE International Conference on Consumer Electronics Asia 2018.
- Program committee, IEEE International Winter Conference on Brain-Computer Interface, Feb 2016
- Program committee, IEEE International Winter Conference on Brain-Computer Interface, Feb 2017
- Program committee, IEEE International Winter Conference on Brain-Computer Interface, Feb 2018.
- Program committee, 7th IEEE International Winter Conference on Brain-Computer Interface, Feb 2019.
- Program committee, The International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications (RiTA), Dec, 2017.
- Program committee, The International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications (RiTA), Dec, 2018.
- Program committee, Next Generation AI: 2017 Perception, Action, and Cognitive Systems Symposium (PACS-2017), Nov. 2-3, 2017.
주요 학술지 활동 (편집장 및 편집위원)
- Reviewer, Nature Human Behavior, PLOS Computational Biology, and etc
수상 경력: 교내, 교외
- KAIST Songam Distinguished Research Award (2019)
- KAIST Top 10 Technologies for Commercialization (2019)
- KAIST Institute Faculty Award (2019)
- Google Faculty Research Award (computational neuroscience) (2017)
- KIIS Young Investigator Award, Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems (2016)
- ICROS Young Investigator Award, Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Korea (2016)
- Della Martin Fellowship in Mental Illness, Della Martin Foundation, USA(2014)
- D. Kim, G. Y. Park, J. P. O’Doherty*, and S. W. Lee*, “Task complexity interacts with state-space uncertainty in the arbitration process between model-based and model-free reinforcement-learning at both behavioral and neural levels,” Nature Communications, 10, 5738, 2019.
- J. H. Lee, B. Seymour, J. Z. Leibo, S. J. Ah, S. W. Lee*, “Towards high performance, memory efficient, and fast reinforcement learning - lessons from decision neuroscience,” Science Robotics, vol. 4, no. 26, 2019.
- S. Weissengruber+, S. W. Lee+, John P. O'Doherty, Christian C. Ruff, “Neurostimulation reveals context-dependent arbitration between model-based and model-free reinforcement learning,” Cerebral Cortex, 2019 (+: co-first authors).
- O. Choung, S. W. Lee*, and Y. Jeong*, “Exploring Feature Dimensions to Learn a New Policy in an Uninformed Reinforcement Learning Task,” Scientific Reports, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 17676, 2017.
- S. W. Lee*, T. Yi, J.-W. Jung, and Z. Bien, “Design of a Gait Phase Recognition System That Can Cope With EMG Electrode Location Variation,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng., vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1429–1439, 2017.
- S. W. Lee*, J. P. O’Doherty, and S. Shimojo, “Neural Computations Mediating One-Shot Learning in the Human Brain.,” PLoS Biol., vol. 13, no. 4, p. e1002137, Apr. 2015. (Synopsis “How one-shot learning unfolds in the brain” by Weaver, J.)
- S. W. Lee*, S. Shimojo, and J. P. O’Doherty, “Neural Computations Underlying Arbitration between Model-Based and Model-free Learning,” Neuron, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 687–699, Feb. 2014. (Front cover; preview “Decisions about decisions” by Yoshida, W. and Seymour, B.)
- S. W. Lee*, O. Prenzel, and Z. Bien, “Applying human learning principles to user-centered IoT systems,” IEEE Comput., vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 46–52, Feb. 2013. (cover feature)
- S. W. Lee, Y. S. Kim, and Z. Bien, “A Nonsupervised Learning Framework of Human Behavior Patterns Based on Sequential Actions,” IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng., vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 479–492, Apr. 2010.
- S. W. Lee and Z. Bien, “Representation of a Fisher criterion function in a kernel feature space.,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 333–339, Feb. 2010