Creating innovative bio-convergent technologies for better human life

첫수 융합포럼 개최 안내

전산학과와 바이오및뇌공학과에서 주관하는 7월 첫수 융합포럼에 여러분을 초대합니다.

주제 : 뇌 과학 문제 해결을 위한 전산학 기반 접근 방법

일시 및 장소 : 7월 7일(수) 12:00,  창의학습관(E11) 101호 

연사 : 성준경 연구교수 (전산학과)

개요 :

In this talk, I will introduce an emerging research area, computational neuroanatomy, with emphasis on convergence technology between computer science and brain science. Computational neuroanatomy deals with computational problems arising from quantification of structures and functions of human brains by exploiting non-invasive brain imaging modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI). A major challenge in this field is raised by massive high-dimensional non-Euclidean imaging data, which are difficult to analyze using available techniques. In this talk, I will show that computational approaches can provide both effective and efficient solutions to those challenges. As examples of those solutions, I will present two of my recent research projects on computational neuroanatomy: surface-based brain morphology analysis and diffusion tensor-based connectivity analysis. By combining these techniques, I will finally present several intermediate results on multi-modal brain analysis techniques to study a relationship between morphology and connectivity of human brains.

** 간단한 점심식사를 준비할 예정입니다. 참석여부를 7월7일(수) 10시까지

전산학과 사무실 (정혜인, haein@kaist.ac.kr )로 알려주시기 바랍니다.

============================================================================

Welcome to The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum.

On behalf of the Computer Science Department and Bio and Brain Engineering Department, we would like to invite you to attend "the First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum".

Title : Computational Neuroimage Analysis

Time and Location : July 7th at noon (12:00), Creative Learning Building(E11) 101

Speaker : Prof. Joon-Kyung Seong (Research Professor, Dept. of Computer Science)

Abstract :

In this talk, I will introduce an emerging research area, computational neuroanatomy, with emphasis on convergence technology between computer science and brain science. Computational neuroanatomy deals with computational problems arising from quantification of structures and functions of human brains by exploiting non-invasive brain imaging modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI). A major challenge in this field is raised by massive high-dimensional non-Euclidean imaging data, which are difficult to analyze using available techniques. In this talk, I will show that computational approaches can provide both effective and efficient solutions to those challenges. As examples of those solutions, I will present two of my recent research projects on computational neuroanatomy: surface-based brain morphology analysis and diffusion tensor-based connectivity analysis. By combining these techniques, I will finally present several intermediate results on multi-modal brain analysis techniques to study a relationship between morphology and connectivity of human brains.

** Light lunch will be provided for the participants at no cost.

Please inform your attendance to haein@kaist.ac.kr by July 7, 10:00.