Creating innovative bio-convergent technologies for better human life

연사 박효진 교수 
소속 버밍험대학교 (University of Birmingham, UK) 
일시 2019.08.14(수), PM1:00~2:00 
장소 양분순 빌딩(E16-1), 207호 

우리학과 신경과학-인공지능 융합연구센터에서 개최하는 세미나에 여러분들의 많은 관심과 참여를 부탁드립니다.

본강연은 한국어로 진행됩니다.

1. Title : Neural oscillatory mechanisms in dynamic information representation during natural  audio-visual speech perception 
2. Speaker :
박효진교수(버밍험 대학교) Professor Hyojin Park (University of Birmingham, UK)
3. Time : 2019. 08. 14(
), 1:00~2:00 PM 
4. Venue : YBS Bldg Rm#207 
양분순 빌딩 (E16-1) 207 
5. Abstract : Recent evidence suggests that brain rhythms track acoustic envelope in auditory speech (speech entrainment) and this mechanism facilitates speech intelligibility. We recently demonstrated that this is the case for visual speech (lip movement) as well. This has led us to ask to what extent auditory and visual information are represented in brain areas, either jointly or individually. Which system conveys shared information from multisensory inputs and which system represents the inputs synergistically? In my talk, I will present our recent work (Park et al., 2018, PLoS Biol) which shows how information in entrained auditory and visual speech interact to facilitate speech comprehension. Here we used a novel Information Theory approach to decompose dynamic information quantities which is called partial information decomposition (PID). In addition, I will discuss our recent advance in the question of linking function to anatomy via diffusion tensor imaging that studied whether the degree of white matter integrity in individuals differently predict speech entrainment/information interaction that we observed.

세미나-공지-박효진교수_kaist center for neuroscience-inspired AI.jpg