Creating innovative bio-convergent technologies for better human life

관심있는 분들의 많은 참여 바랍니다.
일시: 2006년 4월 11일 오전 11시
장소: 정문술빌딩 217호
연사: 남창훈 Medical Research Council-Laboratory of Molecular Biology (United Kingdom)
제목: Intracellular anti-LMO2 antibody prevents angiogenesis in vivo
<Abstract>
LMO2 has been shown to be necessary for the remodelling blood vessel endothelium to form sprouting vessels in the process called angiogenesis but LMO2 is not needed for de novo formation of blood vessels in the process called vasculogenesis. LMO2 has a key role in tumour angiogenesis. Reagents that can block LMO2 function will therefore be important regulators of angiogenesis and thus therapeutic for clinical conditions such as tumour angiogenesis, ischaemia, inflammation and diabetic retinopathy. I have found that a short peptide aptamer binding to the LIM fingers of LMO2 can block some LMO2 functions in ES derived. I have now isolated an single chain Fv (scFv) antibody fragment which binds specifically to LMO2 protein. I used a recently developed intracellular antibody capture technology (IAC) to isolate and characterise inhibitors of protein interaction. I’ve got high affinity scFv (designated anti-LMO2 clone14) through mammalian/yeast two hybrid screening (in vivo) following phage screening (in vitro). Some biological assays were performed to check whether clone 14 could block LMO2 function in vivo. I’ve got several conclusions from these assays.
1.Clone 14 partially interrupts the interaction between LMO2 and LDB1.
2.Clone 14 inhibits the erythropoiesis in LMO2 knock-in ES cells.
3.Clone 14 inhibits the angiogenesis in chimera and teratoma developed from LMO2 knock-in ES cells.
4.Clone 14 inhibits the tube formation in endothelial cells.
Putting these data together, Cline 14 will be valuable for anti-angiogenesis in clinical situations such as cancer.